Rogy’s Learning Place
in Peoria, Illinois – Glen Oak
About Rogy’s Learning Place in Peoria, Illinois – Glen Oak
At Rogy’s Learning Place in Peoria, Illinois we are firm believers in making the most of childhood. For this reason, we take significant steps to deliver exceptional childcare and a personalized learning experience for each child we serve.
A Commitment to Our Families
Based on the latest best practices, the National Accreditation Committee (NAC) provides a set of standards for the education and care of young children. At Rogy’s Learning Place, our administrative team, staff, and parents have pledged to grow and improve our daycare and childcare programs, for the benefit of all our students. We base our preschool’s programs on best practices, integrity, and excellent care and education.
We also undergo an evaluation process that allows NAC to conduct on-site assessments in all the components of the NAC accreditation standards. Some of these elements include Curriculum, Interactions, Health and Safety, Administration, and Family Engagement.
A Peek at Our Childcare Programs:
- Infant Childcare (6 weeks – 15 months). Our infant childcare staff members are here to help provide peace of mind that your little one receives the best care possible in a warm, loving environment.
- Toddler Childcare (15 months – 2 years). Active is a common word in the world of toddlers. In fact, because toddlers’ minds are constantly growing and evolving, we conduct regular assessments, that help us ensure your child is on target and meeting his or her developmental goals.
- Two-Year-Olds (2 – 3 years). Our Two-Year-Old daycare program expands on the foundation established in the Toddler class, and also introduces more routine and structure to classroom activities and students’ daily schedules.
- Preschool (3 – 5 years). In this preschool program, we help your child discover, explore, and learn to their fullest potential to prepare them for elementary school.
- Summer Camp (6 – 12 years). This summer camp program provides both indoor and outdoor activities, as well as a chance for fun, friendships, and exploring.
Enhancing Social and Emotional Development
Used as a method to recognize positive behavior, Rogy’s incorporates a Positive Behavior Support (PBS) program to enhance students’’ social and emotional development, and promote school readiness. The approach was originally created by the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) and utilizes a pyramid model to handle the social and emotional needs of children.
More specifically, PBS focuses on using proactive methods to prevent challenging behaviors by developing positive relationships with children and families; designing a supportive environment for our children; and leveraging numerous strategies that teach both emotional and social development.
With PBS in place, the amount of time we address challenging behaviors has been dramatically reduced, and has allowed our nurturing teachers to focus on the positive behaviors in all children.
If you would like more information about the PBS method, please visit these resources:
Our Early Childhood Education Center’s Security
At Rogy’s Learning Place in Peoria, Illinois our top priority is keeping your children safe and healthy while they are under our care. We appreciate that you trust us to look after your children, and we assure you that we will meet all of their needs in the best possible way.
We ask that our preschool center’s families help us keep our students safe by keeping your security door code private. If you need to have one of your authorized contacts pick up your children, please remind them to bring their photo ID and always to ring the doorbell. We will greet them, check their ID, assist them in signing out the children, and ensure they find the right classrooms. We will also alert the teachers, who will help to prepare your children to go home at the end of the day.
Learn More About Our Preschool Learning Center
Rogy’s Learning Place, Glen Oak is located at 1221 NE Glen Oak Ave, Peoria, IL 61603. You can reach us at (309) 682-2551.
We encourage you to take a tour of our preschool learning center and join us in the fun at Rogy’s Learning Place in Peoria, Illinois.