About Rogy’s Big Hollow
At Rogy’s Learning Place, Big Hollow, we believe that all children deserve the chance to learn and develop in a positive, nurturing environment with well-trained teachers.
We think children learn best through thoughtful play that develops self-confidence and cognitive skills. Our teachers aim to partner with families toward a common goal of providing quality education and care for young children.
As an NAC-Accredited Learning Center, Rogy’s, Big Hollow is recognized as an early childhood education center and daycare that exemplifies excellence in the care of young children.
Our NAC accreditation reflects our high-quality childcare programs for children that are conducive to each child’s development. It also shows that we provide professional training opportunities for staff, and demonstrates that our preschool learning center exceeds minimum state licensing requirements for child care programs.
Preschool & Childcare Programs Offered:
- Infant Childcare (6 weeks – 15 months). To support the specific needs of your baby’s growth and development, nurturing caregivers are responsive to his or her individual cues, providing immediate comfort in a warm, home-like environment.
- Toddler Childcare (15 months – 2 years). This daycare program is designed to start introducing key preschool fundamentals to your child through numerous hands-on activities.
- Two-Year-Olds (2 – 3 years). This childcare program is designed to encourage kids to discover, make friends, and develop self-confidence.
- Preschool (3 – 5 years). As part of our preschool program, we foster concepts of trust, independence, competence, and initiative to empower your child to move toward independence.
- Before & After School (5 – 12 years). The adventures in our before and after school programs come when students get to experience many personalized, hands-on activities, both indoors and outdoors.
- Summer Camp (6 – 12 years). Our summer camp program is a great way for your child to learn, socialize, and develop in between school years.
Positive Behavior Support (PBS)
An approach to identify positive behavior, and minimize or remove challenging behaviors, Rogy’s Learning Center, Big Hollow uses a program that enhances social and emotional development, and promotes elementary school readiness.
The approach, first developed by the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) utilizes a pyramid model confront the emotional and social needs of children.
At Rogy’s Learning Center, our PBS approach focuses on teachers being proactive to prevent challenging behaviors. We accomplish this task by developing positive relationships with our children and their families, to create a supportive environment, and to use particular strategies to teach both social and emotional development.
The best part: with PBS in place, the amount of time our staff members use to address challenging behaviors is dramatically reduced, helping them to focus more on positive behaviors in children.
For more information about the PBS method, we suggest you check out the following:
More About Our Preschool
Rogy’s Learning Place, Big Hollow is a nut-free daycare facility. Please remember to make sure you are not bringing in any food that contains any nut. We have friends in many of our classrooms with severe food allergies, and it is critical that we keep all outside food, especially items containing nuts, out of our rooms. Thank you!
Rogy’s Learning Place, Big Hollow is located at 6101 N Big Hollow Rd, Peoria, IL 61615. You can call us anytime at (309) 693-9611.
Address & Directions
6101 North Big Hollow Road
Peoria, IL 61615-2543
HoursMonday - Friday
6:30am - 6:00pm